Metics 02 Metics 02

Seems like it could have been so much better.

Your artwork is very clean, but some of your proportion is really unfortunate. Excellent woek on the characters and a few of the effects like the pillars exploding.

You really seemed to be lacking in the music/sound/and voice department though. The audio for this was really really nonexistent. The only audio I heard were a couple of looped impacts, some simple explosions, and a gunshot ricochet.

You're doing great, and I don't want to downplay how good your artwork is in general. You have some work to do, and I'd really suggest teaming up with someone to do the audio while you do the artwork. Other than that, great work, Peace

Racial discrimination Racial discrimination

Huh?

I'm afraid I don't understand your animation. It's really well drawn and animated, but I can't see the point in it? You really need a lot more in the authors comments or something...

Forsaken Forsaken

You're off to a good start

This is definately good work in the sense that I can tell you've learned a LOT of the flash program itself. Your timing is good, you make excellent use of the soften shapes tool and frame actions etc. I was impressed by that for sure. The problems you face are more to do with your polish. The characters are VERY reminiscent of Dragon Ball Z, something which you lose points for in my eyes, but likely gain points for in the eyes of others. More importantly though, your anatomy is attrocious, study an anatomy book, it will REALLY help with your art. Second, you have very little actual animation in the clip, most of it is anime shorthand, which is tollerable, but a few short sequences of carefully animated combat would have been helpful to your overall score. A good sequence is one that lasts for over a second without repeating the same frame at all.

Don't take this review as a criticizm, because I think you've done great on this flash, and it looks a lot better than some of mine. Also, you would probably do even better with a $150 waccom graphire or a $150 9x12 Aiptek drawing tablet. Smaller Aiptek's are even cheaper.

Good luck on your next flash! Practice Practice Practice!

PS: try not to use pop music as the background for an anime, I think it detracts from the overall quality. It would be better to use audio from the portal which fits the scene.

SHADYSAIYAN responds:

Thanks i do draw better on paper, so i am probably going to get a tablet

Drawing tutorial: Chickz Drawing tutorial: Chickz

Good idea, bit problematic in execution

I think doing a series of drawing tutorials, especially for flash is a great idea. The problem here is that you may need to first of all, make the instructions a little more thorough, and second (sorry) tone down the background. You need more contrast or nobody will be able to read your tutorial.

Turkey Run! Turkey Run!

Gobble Gobble

W00T! Matching turkeys... It's a great matching game and was fun to make W00T!

A Chain Reaction Game v.3 A Chain Reaction Game v.3

Good lorde...

How is it that people think THIS is a game? It's not a game, it's a flash toy.... Seriously. You haven't any real control over the explosion once you click, it's all dependant on where the random "bombs" end up. I'm getting rather frustrated at how the GoG competition is degrading into "Who can make the simplest game that people will still vote high on". Battlegrounds, for instance, is a game.. this , is NOT, it also violates the first rule of the game! Where are the thematics? Where? I don't see any trolls orcs wizards, goblins, dwarves etc?...

To say the least, I'm not at all impressed with how this competition is being managed, especially if "Defend your Inglor" or this are accepted entries...

Glaiel-Gamer responds:

lolol did you even try mouse gravity? Thats where the interactivity part is.

In-between Saturn's Ring In-between Saturn's Ring

I want it =)

I'm definately going to make use of this one in an upcoming flash.. Now I just have to motivate myself to finish one! =)